This recipe is a new favorite in our home. When my husband tried these mashed potatoes for the first time, he hardly believed me when I told him I had added cauliflower.
Mashed Potatoes with Cauliflower
- 1-2 cups cauliflower (cut into 1-inch pieces)*
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Butter and milk
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Using a steamer basket, steam potatoes on the stove for approximately 10 minutes. Add cauliflower, and steam until potatoes and cauliflower are soft.
- Transfer cooked potatoes and cauliflower into a mixing bowl, and mash, adding desired amounts of butter, milk, and sour cream. (I came close to purchasing a potato masher but decided that my pastry cutter works well enough.)
- Mash until desired consistency is reached, and add salt to taste.
**I use 2-3 Tablespoons of butter and 3-5 Tablespoons of milk, but feel free to use more or less, depending on personal preference.